julieclarkjones

julieclarkjones

SPOILER ALERT!

What did I just read? :)

Fervent - Gemma James

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars. Fervent, the third installment of the Condemned Series, had me wondering just what I was reading. The book takes a hard left with the plot and new villain who comes out of nowhere.

Just when we thought Alex's step brother was the one to look out for, someone else - who Alex was engaged to a for brief minute about 10 years ago, suddenly makes a play for revenge.

Really? Seriously? And the 'ex' is a sex trafficker complete with an underground torture dungeon. It was a bit too much and I couldn't wrap my head around most of the plot and how interconnected everything/everyone was.

The only good thing that came out of this was that Rafe finally gets his memory back, but Alex is so broken I don't even know how I can even believe in this love story anymore. I'm like at this point if I was Alex, I would have nothing to do with anyone and just go away to an island to find myself. It's just too much!

Still, I'm hoping the last book wraps all this up and I can finally get some closure to this series.

Fervent features: