julieclarkjones

julieclarkjones

SPOILER ALERT!
Succubus on Top - Richelle Mead

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars! Not as good as the first, but still lovin' this series :)

Georgina made it out unscathed after everything that happened in the previous book, and she snagged the heart of the most lovable character ever - Seth.

This time around, everyone returns to the story with a new addition: Bastien, an incubus who's known Georgina a long time ago. (I really could have done without this new addition as I found his story line a bit weak and unnecessary.)

Bastien's in trouble. He needs a high profile soul to take down to impress his bosses into not punishing him for taking what wasn't his. He's got his eyes set on a religious radio host, Dana, whom he believes will be an easy take down target.

He tells Georgina he'd love it if she played along as his sister and Georgina hesitantly agrees. She's got her hands full at the bookstore, with Seth, and with her friends who are all suddenly acting very weird.

Georgina eventually realizes that her friends are under the influence of a supernatural drug - Ambrosia. She enlists the help of Carter and Jerome to set straight the supernatural drug peddler honing in on Jerome's turf.

But Jerome tells Georgina that he can't act - lest he starts a war and she's left on her own to free her friends from the drug lord's clutches before it's too late.

---------------------------

Seth - who's adorable as ever - is still being caught up in so many of Georgina's schemes, though it's hard to read when she goes off with other guys to get the life force she needs to survive. I just don't understand if Seth really loves her that much, why doesn't he make a deal with Jerome to be with her? Like wearing an amulet that won't allow her to suck in his life force in exchange for whatever Jerome wants?

And why has it taken so long for the couple to realize how to have sex without touching each other? I mean no brainer there! Sex Ed 101 LOL You would have thought that a succubus would know all these tricks by now.  *smh*

And it's wearing on Seth that Georgina keeps a lot of secrets from him. He keeps telling her that if there's no trust between them, then what's the point of being together. But Georgina's not even listening.

I just read the synopsis for the next book in the series and they break up! *sobs* Can't say that I didn't see it coming. There's just a lot of obstacles in the way of this adorable couple. *le sigh*

Succubus on Top features: