julieclarkjones

julieclarkjones

It's not you; it's me...

Jungle Freakn' Bride - Eve Langlais

No rating for this book I DNF and stopped at 30%. For some reason, I just couldn't get into this book. Brace yourself for the 'maybes'.

Maybe it's because I'm just in a grouchy mood and this book is just an overall fun read. They use the word freakn' repeatedly and while that would have bought a smile to my face, in my present mood, it just irritated me.

Maybe it was the insta-love that got me. I'm just not in the mood for that ATM.

Maybe it was that I started this book in the middle of the series instead of at book 1 and I didn't get invested in the characters or the way the author structured the books. Maybe if I had started at book 1 and fell in love with it, I'd be loving on this book as well.

Maybe it was that because at 30% of the book, the female lead still has no idea what's going on and yet she's being turned into a shifter. A complete life altering event that's imposed on her by her mates was just too much for me to handle.

I didn't want to continue and I don't think it's fair to rate it since the book was written fairly well. I just wasn't in the mood for a fun, campy read that dealt with serious issues so lightly.