julieclarkjones

julieclarkjones

Epic! Best LOTU book ever

The Darkest Touch - Gena Showalter

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! Give me a sec, folks! I'm still on a book high after reading this epic book! *fans self*

The Darkest Touch FINALLY tells us Torin's story, the LOTU keeper of the demon, Disease. Cursed for ages never to touch anyone. lest he start a plague, Torin's always been in the background never truly enjoying life.

But then he gets a deal he can't refuse and he befriends a woman, Mari, who's only desire is to touch him. Unable to resist the promise that he might have broken his curse, he touches her, only to cause her death.

But Mari wasn't on her own, her best friend was Keeley, The Red Queen. Keeley is a Curator, a powerful being, the last of her kind. She vows to make Torin pay for killing her only friend and she embarks on a mission to end his life.

Torin is beset upon seeing Keeley and finally feels the pull of true love as never before. What a twisted fate he endures as he realizes he can never touch her. But Keeley isn't like any other woman he's ever known.

Keeley enjoys torturing him and seeing him suffer, so she seduces him, only to fall prey to his disease. Torin is racked by guilt, knowing his moment of weakness cost the most beautiful creature he ever laid eyes on her downfall. But wait!

Keeley sickened with his kiss, but she recovered and lived! Could it be? Could Keeley be immune to his demon? Could he ever find happiness, that is, if Keeley ever decides to let him live?

---------------------

I am head over heels over this book, y'all! Keeley stole the show. She's so amazing and hilarious, I just couldn't put this book down. Gena Showalter outdoes herself in this amazing installment of the LOTU. Can there please be a spin-off series just on Keeley? Love her!

The Darkest Touch features: