julieclarkjones

SPOILER ALERT!

All done!

— feeling happy
Revenant - Larissa Ione

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. I'm finally all done with this series! Revenant (Rev) was a good series wrap up which mostly dealt with Rev and Blaspheme (Blas).

First off, I didn't really get into the Rev/Blas pair up, though I'm not sure why. All the elements were there - a snarky girl, a bad boy alpha...yum, but not sure why I just wasn't into it.

Gethel's still in the picture and in the pregnancy of hell - literally LOL She's still carrying Lucifer and she's in need of a doctor to ensure her devil spawn will be born all right. Rev is tasked with her well being and he sets off to get Blas to help her.

Blas - who's undergoing a problem we've never even heard about in COUNTLESS books and two series, mind you, is probably one of the worst creations ever to be created - an offspring of a fallen angel and an angel. Her kind is hunted down and killed and to avoid detection, an elaborate spell which lasts 100 or so years must be done to hide their essence.

It's been over a 100 years and Blas, a doctor at UG knows she must undertake the ritual to hide her true self to avoid detection. But in doing so, she has to end another creature's life, and she just can't live with the guilt. While she's dealing with this, Rev comes into her life and it seems he won't quit until she gives him what he wants - to take care of Gethel and to warm his bed.

Blas takes this opportunity to find a way to rid the world of Gethel and Lucifer, enlisting E's and Reaver's help. But can she concentrate on matters long enough, or is Rev's sexy and irresistible ways just too much for her?

----------------

Revenant was a good ending to the series. I wish there had been more of a wrap up with the other characters - a really in depth visit with them all before we left them (for example we don't even know what became of Limos and Arik, since Limos is still pregnant at the end of Revenant), but the story was centered mostly on Reaver and Rev's newfound brotherly relationship.

Rev & Blas' story seemed a little rushed, so I didn't really get into it as much as I would have liked, but I still enjoyed it.

The author says we haven't seen the end of the story as she's picking up another series which takes place 25 years into the future. That should be interesting :)

Revenant features: